They will be successful if, after arriving at the airport extra, extra early...
* they wait in the screening line for hours.
* they get patted down.
* their loved ones get patted down.
* they eat airport food all day.
* they miss their flight and cause others to miss theirs.
* they sleep in the airport while the TSA workers finish their shifts and head home to bed.
Maybe these Opt-Outers can celebrate with a piece of extra pepperoni from the Sbarro's on Concourse D.
Sanity prevails. It was a bust.
As of 5 p.m. Wednesday, Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport said 39 (out of 47,000) fliers opted out of the scanners. All continued to their flights after being screened, while at LAX, there were 113 opt-outs across eight terminals, which was less than 1 percent of the total travelers screened.