Between the hand wringers who whine and complain that neither McCain or Obama are to their liking and the wingnuts who, well, do the same thing, it's become evident to me that there are a lot of people out there who may still be straddling the fence. To these folks, I give them the following advice.
- If you think the Iraq War should be a war without end, vote for McCain.
- If you agree that torture is okay, vote for McCain.
- If you want offshore drilling and are comfortable with the risks it poses to SoFla beaches, vote for McCain.
- If you believe that our government should restrict our travel outside the United States, vote for McCain.
- If you're okay with the price of gas, vote for McCain.
- If you like President Bush, vote for McCain.
As most of you know, I'm not straddling any fence. Not only do we need Republicans out of the White House, but we also need to throw as many as we can out of Congress. It's time to clean house. It's time to get this country back on track from the detour George W. Bush and his enablers took us on 8 years ago.
This effort has to be aggressive, assertive and bold and can leave no doubt as to who has the upper hand and who is calling the shots. I'm up for the challenge. Are you?